Our journey to low emission products
Proven track record
Kronospan has a long history of leading the industry:
- We are committed to protecting the environment, and labelling our low emission products with the extra low emission E-LE butterfly emblem shows this.
- First OSB to receive certification from Energieinstitut Vorarlberg as an environmentally friendly product due to low VOC emissions and formaldehyde-free production technology
- OSB ECO with extra low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- First factory in Central and East Europe to produce E1 particleboard
- First tannin bonded MDF to meet E0 standard
- 100% of production was turned into E1 standard quality
As you would expect, all Kronospan wood-based panel products meet the low formaldehyde E1 emission standard. Now Kronospan has also developed extra low formaldehyde emission MDF and particleboard. These products go even further, exceeding the requirements of the Californian CARB II standard.
Kronospan has also launched OSB ECO, an oriented strand board made with formaldehyde-free resins and selected types of timber. The result is ultra low emission at the level of natural wood.