Ensuring renewable and sustainable resources
At Kronospan, we are proud of the environmental role we play in the overall wood supply chain. By producing wood-based panels using wood residue from the sawmill industry, we help to ensure that timber is valued as a limited raw material.
For us, setting high environmental standards comes naturally. A leader in technical development, we aim to get the highest possible yield from our input materials. The result is cost-effective production with the lowest environmental impact possible.
We supply wood-based panels certified by the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes (PEFC) or Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®). These products use timber from verified well-managed forests, which ensures a renewable and sustainable resource.
Together with our suppliers, we strive to achieve the lowest possible environmental impact.
- We ensure the lowest possible environmental impact to soil, water and air
- We promote maximum recycling as well as accelerating recycling of wood residue from other producers
- We handle, use, store and destroy chemicals in safe, healthy and environmentally friendly ways
- We use solar, wind and combined heat and power plants to generate green electricity
- We are continuously investing in new, more efficient equipment and machinery - with superior technologies for a better environment.
- We apply the principles of the circular economy - collect, recycle, reuse.
- We collect wood responsibly, supported by recycling and sustainable forestry, to produce carbon negative boards.
Kronospan is working towards a more sustainable wood-based panel industry. We ensure that suppliers do not use wood from national parks, natural preserves, virgin forests and other conservation areas.